For subscribers, the August 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Entering into land promotion agreements - Gladman Developments Limited v Sutton;
- Enforcing covenants through building schemes - Birdlip Ltd v Hunter;
- Other cases on restrictive covenants - San Juan & Robinson v Allen; Hussain, Re 23 Bartlett Close;
- Landlords’ implied repairing obligations - Edwards v Kumarasamy.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Amended SDLT provisions in the Finance Bill 2016;
- The new power to override rights (replacing section 237 TCPA 1990);
- The problems arising out of tenants’ rights of first refusal;
- A new notes from the Law Society on e-signatures for contracts and deeds;
- SRA property fraud warning on bogus firms and CEO impersonation.
Published on 31 July 2016.