For subscribers, the July 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Service of a landlord’s break notice by a partnership - Vanquish Properties (UK) Ltd Partnership v Brook Street (UK) Ltd;
- Oral variations in the face of an anti-oral variation clause - MWB Business Exchange Centres Ltd v Rock Advertising Ltd;
- Late applications for relief from forfeiture - Pineport Ltd v Grangeglen Ltd;
- Overreaching an overriding interest - Mortgage Express v Lambert;
- Easements of common intent - Linvale Investments Ltd v Walker.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Government announcement on the new Electronic Communications Code;
- How the 1995 Act affect landlords’ guarantors;
- Land registration and the problem of the “late” unilateral notice;
- Slight changes to Land Registry identification rules;
- Guidance on the new Form CON 29.
Published on 24 June 2016.