For subscribers, the June 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Is a contract valid if only one joint buyer signs? Marlbray Ltd v Laditi;
- Avoiding prescriptive easements through signage - Winterburn v Bennett;
- Establishing easements under lost modern grant - Welford v Graham;
- The interaction of quiet enjoyment and reserved right to build - Timothy Taylor Ltd v Mayfair House Corporation;
- Implied terms to prevent works that interfere with a tenant - Iceland Foods Ltd v Aldi Stores Ltd;
- Recovery of repair costs through service charges - Christopher Moran Holdings Ltd v Laura Carrara-Cagni;
- Permissions required for the option to charge VAT - Hills v The Commissioners for HMRC.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Section 106 obligations and requirements for affordable housing contributions;
- VAT - zero-rating for residential conversions under permitted development rights;
- The Housing and Planning Act 2016 – Royal Assent;
- A Land Registry consultation on the Local Land Charges Rules;
- SDLT exemption for transfers involving a public body (the HCA);
- Rights of reverter in conveyancing transactions;
- VAT on fees for enquiries of the local authority;
- Searches and enquiries – revised CON29DW form;
- Land registration – updated practice guidance on former overriding interests.
Published on 31 May 2016.