For subscribers, the May 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The correct service of a break notice - Levett-Dunn & Ors v NHS Property Services Ltd;
- Obliging overage chargees to sign section 106 agreements - Redrow Homes Ltd v Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd;
- Community Infrastructure Levy on mezzanine floors - R (on the application of Orbital Shopping Park) v Swindon BC;
- Interpreting repair and alterations obligations - South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust v Laindon Holdings Ltd;
- Forfeiture for insolvency in long leases - LSREF III Wight Ltd v Gateley LLP;
- Deed of rectification changing demised property - Isaaks v Charlton Triangle Homes Ltd;
- More property fraud - Purrunsing v A'Court & Co (a firm) & Anor.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Housing and Planning Bill consultation on starter homes;
- Town and country planning - GPDO amendments;
- The SDLT higher rate charge and alternative finance relief;
- Problems with the registration of easements in leases;
- The new Protocol for Licences to Alter;
- A new SDLT form to reclaim tax when replacing a main residence;
- New Land Registry correspondence addresses.
Published on 2 May 2016.