For subscribers, the April 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Assignments to a tenant’s guarantor are prohibited - EMI Group Ltd v O & H Q1 Ltd;
- No surrender by operation of law - Padwick Properties Ltd v Punj Lloyd Ltd;
- The drafting of conditional contracts (1) - Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd v Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd;
- The drafting of conditional contracts (2) - Dooba Developments Ltd v McLagan Investments Ltd;
- Is a licensor liable for a nuisance caused by its licensee? Cocking v Eacott;
- The easement to commit a nuisance - Peires v Bickerton's Aerodromes Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- SDLT changes for non-residential property;
- SDLT changes for lease duty;
- SDLT changes for lease premiums;
- SDLT and the Higher Rate Transaction surcharge;
- ATED - Lower thresholds and extended reliefs;
- Land registration – a new Law Commission consultation on the LRA 2002;
- Energy efficiency – the end of the CRC scheme; Electronic communication of Party Wall Act notices;
- Land Registry privatisation;
- Contracts for sale – the limits on title guarantees;
- Conveyancing - latest time for completions.
Published on 1 April 2016.