For subscribers, the February 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Misrepresentation in relation to service charge handover provisions - Greenridge Luton One Ltd v Kempton Investments Ltd;
- Specific performance of obligations in a lease - Airport Industrial GP Ltd v Heathrow Airport Ltd & AP16 Ltd;
- Landlords’ leaseback proposals on enfranchisement - Tibber v Buckley;
- Is a right of recreation an easement? Regency Villas Title Ltd v Diamond Resorts (Europe) Ltd;
- Negligence in arranging sub-sales to minimise SDLT - Mansion Estates Ltd v Hayre & Co (a firm);
- Interpretation of restrictive covenants - Derreb Ltd v White, Re The Huntsman;
- Tacking further advances - Urban Ventures Ltd v Thomas;
- Personal service of documents - Morby v Gate Gourmet Luxembourg Iv Sarl.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Renting homes in Wales. SDLT - draft legislation for changes still awaited.
- Residential tenancies and the right to rent.
- Apportioning rent at lease termination.
- Lost enforceability of easements.
- Rejection of Land Registry applications.
- Leap year points for 2016.
Published 1 February 2016.