For subscribers, the November 2015 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Can an equitable assignee of a mortgage exercise a power of sale? Skelwith (Leisure) Ltd v Armstrong.
- Leasehold enfranchisement and the question of what is a house - Jewelcraft Ltd v Pressland.
- Conditions for a charity to dis-apply a VAT option to tax - The Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Camb. v HMRC.
- 1954 Act renewals where trustees are tenants - Kyaw v Claassen.
- What happens to property when a dissolved company is restored? - In the matter of Fivestar Properties Ltd.
- An analysis of trigger events under an option to purchase - Classic Property Developments (South East) Ltd v Islam.
- Avoiding section 106 obligations by implementing a second permission - Robert Hitchins Ltd, R (on the applic. of) v Worcs. CC.
- Interpreting restrictive covenants - Royal Mail Estates Ltd v Pridebank Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Overriding easements and other rights under section 237 TCPA 1990.
- 1954 Act - home business tenancies.
- Residential tenancies - licensing of landlords in Wales.
- Insolvency – dissolution.
- Landlord and tenant - remedies for disrepair.
- Contracts for sale - exchanging contracts (again).
- Land Registry - execution of deeds.
- Searches and enquiries - new CON 29 Form.
Published 1 November 2015.