For subscribers, the July/August 2015 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Fryatt v Preston Mellor Harrison (a firm) – the liability of a firm to explain the differences between an option to buy land and an option to buy shares;
- Orientfield Holdings Ltd v Bird & Bird LLP – the liability of a firm to explain the results of a Plansearch report;
- LSC Finance Ltd v Abensons Law Ltd – a property fraud resulting in breach of undertaking and warranty of authority;
- M Lennon & Co Ltd v Revenue & Customs – zero-rating of re-developed housing;
- Nora Harris v Revenue & Customs – satisfying TOGC conditions;
- Arnold v Britton – interpreting prejudicial service charge provisions.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Chancel Repairs Bill 2015;
- Residential tenancy changes for Wales;
- Potential prejudice to tenants in service charge clauses;
- New Land Registry form for removal of a Form A restriction;
- Introduction of eDespatch for paper applications;
- A new facility for SDLT payments by card;
- A new direction of Land Registry proper offices;
- Forthcoming Standard Commercial Property Conditions (3rd Edition).
Published 1 July 2015.